Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Country livin'

Before I get started today I would like to thank Kim for posting comments on the site, at least one person reads my boring ramblings.
I would also like to thank Liz for the yummy delicious cookies she sent us.. mmm cookies..

Ok, so tonight Sarah and I took my two cousins to the Bangor State Fair. Interesting stuff. Everyone wears their Tuesday best (lots of jeans and flannel, with white farm kids trying to look like rappers) Its basically like any other fair (i.e. Marshfield) only with the FFA and 4H club rockin the house. There is a cow milking exhibition, pig races, a tractor pull and auctions to buy the cows/horses on display. Although I'd have to say the carnies (small hands, smell like cabbage) were a lot more creepy than the average carney. David and I lost some money playing impossible to win carnival games, but the fried dough and corn dogs made up for that loss.
And on the plus side, we finally got to see the 40 foot statue of Paul Bunyun.

Kim, I promise I'll have pictures tomorrow night...

Two other items..

  • we have our first ding in the new car. not sure where it happened, probably home depot though.
  • Casco Bay summer ale is really good, I highly recommend it....

No comments: