Sunday, July 29, 2007

Weekend Report

So after a whole 7 and a half days living in Bangor, we headed back down to Boston on Friday. This was the weekend I've been waiting 51 weeks for.. the Country Music Festival! Last year, just me Lori, Sue and Kelly went. This year, we doubled our number to 8, until one of the new invitees bailed (more on this later).

So we arrived down in Southie at Phil and Sue's around 9ish and headed over to the Playwright for some dinner and drinks. Because we're now old, and found it waaaay too loud in there to hold a conversation, we were back at the Murray's by 10:15.



Saturday was the big day. Sue, Sarah and I picked up Lori and Kelly and headed off to the concert, which was at Gillette Stadium in Foxboro. (John and Erin were meeting us there) Rob, was supposed to join us, but choose to go see the Police at Fenway instead. More on this later.

Tailgating was a blast. We had the grill out, some drinks.. good times. The kid tailgating next to us with his friends, turned 21 Saturday, and proceeded to rave about the Steve Miller concert he saw recently. I then told him that I saw Steve Miller in concert 12 years ago, which ruined any coolness I had. My two very inebriated brothers were supposed to meet up with us in the parking lot, but because of said inebriation, that didn't happen until we bumped into them on the way into the show.

The show itself was fantastic. I know you'll all make fun of us for going to a country music concert, but its so worth the money. Now because Rob decided to go see the Police, he had to sell his ticket to our concert. The man who bought his ticket was a more drunk and effed up version of Danny Bonaduce. So Rob thank you. Thank you for not being there and making me stand next to this train wreck of a man instead of the nice girls in bikini's next to him...



Other than that, not much happened. My parents were kind enough to buy us a greatly needed lawnmower and the cats finally made it up to Bangor.



All in all, great weekend. Tomorrow however, real life kicks back in. I start the new job...

I'll have pictures of the house, car and concert soon, I promise...

4 comments:

Rob said...

I guess that's the last time I sell my extra seats at www.bonaducecloneswholovecountry.com/classifieds". :(

Glad y'all had fun!

Anonymous said...

Hope your first day of work is going well!

Anonymous said...

Hoorray Kenny Chesney! Another bonus about the concert - no rain! :) It was super fun! And next year we will bring the bean bag toss game ourselves! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm a little slow reading your blog... but I had to comment that I, too, saw Steve Miller 12 years ago and I think that you are still cool. Not to mention I have caught his guitar pick! Hope you're enjoying your Maine adventures, I am sure you are surrounded by many Steve Miller fans way up there!!