Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Movie Reviews

So over the past week, the wife and I have watched three different movies. Two very good, one so-so.

Up, is the new Pixar flick, which we watched this evening. What an interesting movie. Animated, but not so much a kids movie. Dare I call it a deep cartoon. It was nothing like I thought it was going to be, but much much better than I thought it would be. If you get a chance, check it out. It's not as funny as other Pixar movies, but it's more of a movie than just a popcorn flick...

Star Trek... the new one, the wife and I watched the other night. Awesome stuff. Sooo much better than I thought it was going to be. I was expecting just another sci-fi action flick, which it was, but a really good sci-fi action flick. This is another one where you won't be disappointed.

Finally, we watched Four Christmases. Reese Whitherspoon was good in it, Vince Vaughn was the "i'm getting paid in cash, right?" Vince Vaughn. Could have been a lot better, but then again how much do we really expect from a holiday romantic comedy?

1 comment:

Wilfred said...

Up was fantastic. I love the beginning showing the couple's life up to the wife's death. It has no dialogue yet the execution was so effective.

Star Trek also didn't disappoint.