Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hello Again

So I haven't written in a while, and that's mostly for a couple of reasons. First, work has been crazy hectic, so I really haven't had the time or energy to sit down and write. And secondly, because I've been so focused on work, I really haven't been able to find interesting things to write about.

A quick update. Both jobs (the wife's and mine) are going very well. We were both thrown right into the fire, and that's just the way we like it. We've also moved into a new apartment. Well apartment might be overstating it, it's more like a matchbox. As part of my job, I get an apartment for free, so we took one over in Mission Hill right near Northeastern. Love the area, tons of pubs/restaurants, with everything we need walking distance away.

We still have the house in Maine of course, and we're up there pretty regularly. Back to the apartment... it's about 650 square feet, 2 bed, 1 bath. So yeah, it's tiny. We're starting to get used to it though, as with the two tvs in different rooms, we have places to get a way from each when I want to watch the Celtics game and Sarah wants to watch Millionaire Matchmaker.

Just for kicks, I posted a couple pics of the apt. Here's the kitchen. Notice the baby fridge and baby stove. They're tiny, but they get the job done (which coincidentally is every Irishman's motto). Those are not magic hovering pots, we just hung a pot rack from the ceiling to provide additional storage.

From the kitchen into the living room. The nice part is, I can cook dinner and watch both tvs (in the living room and bedroom) at the same time.


I didn't post any other pictures, because the bathroom is a bathroom, and the bedrooms are too small to photograph well. One's 9x11 and the other is 9x9. Tiny...

So in summation, the apartment is tiny, but the location is fantastic and it's actually pretty cool living in the city again. Now if I could just get someone to come visit so I can try the local watering holes, it would be greatly appreciated.
Other than that, not too much going on. Although we did just get Garth Brooks concert tickets. Front row. In Vegas! Yeah yeah yeah, I know... its great isn't it!?!?!

No comments: