Sunday, January 4, 2009

Weekend Report

So before I get started, I need to properly thank someone. When Liz and Rick came up for new years last week, Rick brought me a present. Two jugs of harvest spice beer from John Harvard's. Really really really great beer. I still have one glass left, which I'm saving until tomorrow night. You always need a good glass of beer after work on Mondays...

Not a whole lot to report on this weekend. My cousin turned 18 on Friday, so we all went over to celebrate which was fun as always. We figured that since she was now of age, we'd buy her some scratch tickets, and of course she didn't win anything.

Saturday was spent painting the nursery for Future Baby (it'll be completed next weekend, pictures will be provided then) followed by a night of video games and chinese food. For a couple of old foggies such as ourselves, it's the perfect night.

Today was a sad day, as I brought in all the Christmas decorations from outside. Well most of them at least. Some stuff is still frozen to the ground (mostly the plastic stakes holding lights and holding the animatronic reindeer in place), so we'll just get them in the spring when the ground thaws enough.

As I sit here writing this lame entry, the following was just spoken by my lovely wife, "trampolines are such a bad idea, yet I desperately want one. Not for my children.. I I just want one." Can you guess what show we are watching? Yep, America's Funniest Home Videos. The show that shows you all that bad things that can happen with trampolines, yet she still wants one... so do i though...

There's a rumor out there that the Knicks are going to buy out Stephon Marbury and he'll then sign with the Celtics. This is a bad idea on many many levels. Mr. Dolan, if you agree to keep Marbury under contract, I'll help pay his contract. And I'm sure there's a couple million Celtics fans out there that feel the same way and would be willing to chip in... Please don't let this happen.

And finally. In the next day or two, I'll hit the 10,000 hit mark. So thanks. Thanks for taking a couple minutes out of your day to put off work and read all about our sometimes amusing, mostly mundane lives.

2 comments:

Cleaty said...

It's always amusing. And like you said, worth the read if only to put off work. :)

eileen said...

Totally agree with you on Starbury...he's a locker room cancer!