Monday, January 19, 2009

The Weekend

So you'll have to excuse my lack of entries as of late. We've been pretty busy with the nursery etc, so I haven't had anything interesting happen really. Sad huh..

Great news though! My sister in law had her baby (out in CA) late last night, so I'm now and uncle! How cool is that?!?! They had a little boy, no name as of this post, but I'll be sure to announce it when I know. And you know what this means... another baby I get to spoil. And as an uncle, I feel it is my responsibility to teach this boy how to properly throw a baseball, cuz god knows his father won't be able to do it. (ooh yeah, that's right, I'm trash talking over a blog!) Seriously though, I couldn't be more happy for A & C, and I know they'll make amazing parents.

I had a revelation the other day. Since we're having a girl, I should probably invest in a shotgun, shovel and a bag of lime huh. Eventually there will be boyfriends, and I want to be prepared.

The wife made rice crispy treats yesterday. I would go treat myself to one after I'm done writing, but I can't. Not because it's 10pm or my legs won't work or anything like that, no.. it's because we ate them all already. She might try to blame it all on me, but it was at least 50/50.

I don't know how much you guys got, but we got like 13 or so inches of snow up here yesterday. Bad for shoveling, great for snowshoeing and snowmobiling. I have some pictures to post, but they're on the desktop and I'm on the laptop, so I'll post them tomorrow. The snow is so high, that I can only push it off the top two steps. I actually have to shovel it off the other six steps, which makes my job much tougher. Luckily I have a couple of very nice neighbors and lately they've been coming over with their snowblower and clearing the bottom of the driveway for me.

And I promise, the blogs won't continue to be this lame. I'll get back on my game, not sure if I was ever really on it though, and get back to writing about things that interest more than just me..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you forgot to say happy birthday to yourself!!!