Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Weekend

So as we sit here watching the Golden Globes… it strikes me. I consider myself fairly up and current with movies/pop culture. The wife and I go to the movies a lot, we stay in a watch a lot of movies, heck we even have a NetFlix membership. So how is it that I have never heard of 75% of the nominees? Do we actually live under a rock up here? I didn’t think so, but maybe I’m wrong…

Anyway, this weekend was fantastic. Friday night was spent in just watching tv/movies and hanging out (we have lots of free movie channels since we switched to the dish, so for the next three months (when they stop being free) the wife and I plan to watch as many flicks as possible).

Saturday was simply a great day. We spent the morning just hanging around the house and doing some painting (by we I mean the wife of course). That afternoon we went over to my uncles for some snowmobiling! (see videos below) Tons and tons of fun there. It was so great to get back out there ya know. Here we have the wife on the right and cousin D on the left...


But the real piece de resistance was Saturday night. We went over to my other uncle’s house for homemade pizza and karaoke. And for the record, I am a karaoke machine! Love it…the people around me might not love listening to me, but they’ll get over it. And as much as I love my new video camera, and am taking it everywhere, it will never get used while I’m singing. It’s for the greater good, trust me…

So all in all it was a great weekend… and now we just have to push thru this week to get to next weekend which is thankfully a long weekend…

And for all my crazy cat loving in-laws, I present fat cat in a little box...

No comments: