Thursday, July 23, 2009

Randomness

  • If you've ever been to a boring wedding, and let's face it who hasn't, then I highly recommend you check out this video. It's the complete opposite of that. And I'm mad that the wife and I didn't think of this...
  • Randomly today.. walking down the street at lunch time, middle of JP, to hit the store for a snack. All of a sudden I hear someone YELLING out my name. I look up and this woman, who I kinda recognize but not really, is walking quickly toward me. When she reaches me, she gives me a big hug and starts talking to me, "how are you", etc that sort of thing. At this point I vaguely recognize her, but have NO idea who she is. So she continues going on and on about her four kids (rut row) and how we need to hang out. I get back to work, still baffled as to who this is, and email a couple of friends to ask if they know (I got her first name). Her name, coupled with a description, leads a very wise friend to remind me who she was. Apparently I worked with her 9-10 years ago at a law firm. I was a paralegal, she worked in the copy room. That information put my mind at ease...I could stop wondering who the heck she was, and I was now positive that none of her kids were mine...
  • If you like volleyball, you need to check out this link. It's the longest volley ever...
  • Did everyone hear that there's a new sports radio station coming to town? August 12th, the new station starts up, which will bring even more competition to the local behemoth WEEI. I can't stand EEI's early morning or afternoon drive shows (and i cant get espnradio reception in my office), so I'm very excited for the alternative...
  • The other day, the woman I work with called a local hardware store to order a light fixture cover to replace a broken one. She gave the person on the phone the dimensions, 10"x6", to which the person responded, "is it round?" Ummm...think about it...
  • You know what I hate? When you call someone, for whatever reason, and they don't answer so you leave a voicemail. Not two minutes later, your phone will ring, it's that person you just called and the start off the call by saying, "did someone there just call me?" Listen to the stinkin message I just left you and you'd know the answer to that question!!!
  • I don't think I posted this before (but of course I can't remember and I'm too lazy to check), but this commercial is actually pretty cool. And I still can't remember the product, but babies and roller skates are always funny to me...
  • And lastly, ever heard of Clamato? Or Chelada? Yeah, they're disgusting. If you're curious, check out this link. I'm not sure who wrote it, but I can guess that he's a really great writer, who also happens to be really really exceptionally good looking and funny too..

No comments: