Monday, July 6, 2009

Did I Just See That?

I won't bore you with the weekend details. Although Saturday night, we had the worst thunder storm ever. Started around 2am and lasted for an hour or so. We lost power a couple of times and again in the morning, but thankfully the house didn't get hit by lightning. We're the tallest house in the neighborhood, so I was just lying there waiting for it to happen...

Oh and Saturday, we went to a cookout at my uncles house and he busted out the smoker. Sausages and ribs, smoked for eight hours.. wow, there's nothing better...

So today.. I'm driving down Washington Street in JP around 10:30 this morning... Ok, you know when you see someone driving down the street and they have a mattress tied to the roof of their car, and the driver/passengers have their arms out the window holding on to the mattress, like their kung fu grip will be strong enough to keep that thing from flying away... yeah I saw that. Only it wasn't a mattress, it was a couch, and it wasn't tied down! There were three guys in this little 1990's four door sedan, with a couch balanced on the roof and I kid you not, there was no rope involved, just three hands reaching up and holding it. I was tempted to turn around and follow them just to see if they made it wherever they were going without dumping it, but I had to get back to work, so we'll never know...

No comments: