Thursday, November 19, 2009

Book Reviews

Just finished reading two books...

Jackie McMullen's When The Game Was Ours, is about the Magic Johnson, Larry Bird rivalry. If you're a fan of basketball at all, I recommend picking this us and reading it. Lots of stories I've never heard (and I've read a million Bird books), highly entertaining and well written. I ploughed thru it in a couple of days. Granted I was sitting by the pool in Vegas, so I was umm distracted by the scenery from time to time, but this book still kept my attention, somehow...

I also just finished reading Eating the Dinosaur by Chuck Klosterman. It's a series of essays, written mostly about pop culture and things like that. 90% of them interested me, but there were a couple that I could have done without. FOr the most part though, a very good read.

Next two book, The Book Of Basketball by Bill Simmons and What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell. And it just so happens that I'm a big fan of both of the previous writings...

No comments: