Thursday, November 12, 2009

Is It Just Me?

So does this happen to anyone else? Not this specifically, but this scenario.

Every morning the alarm goes off at 6:03 so I can go to the gym before work. Now in July, Aug, Sept, I went 4-5 times a week. For some reason in Oct I lost my mojo and didn't go much at all, but I've started to go sporadically (3 times a week) in November. So here's my question, does anyone else have the argument with themselves when the alarm goes off? Like one side of my brain is saying, "get up you lazy piece of crap, get up and go to the gym! See that thing under your chin? Yeah that's a second chin, now get up!"

While the other side of my brain just counters with, "ahh just calmly turn off the alarm and go back to sleep. I'm mean, c'mon who doesn't love sleep, I know you do. You can go to the gym tomorrow."

Meanwhile the real me is like an innocent bystander during this discussion. I just go along with whichever side wins, which lately has been the stay in bed, it's cold, side.

Kinda weird huh..

No comments: