Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tales From Vegas

Oh what a time we had. Where to start?? I'm going to go with the bullets to best shorten my ramblings...
  • Remember when I said I thought I found the world's happiest place? Terminal E at Logan (the international terminal), well I found something happier. A flight to Vegas. Everyone was in a great mood for that early on a Saturday morning...
  • On the flight there, the 730am flight there, we get stuck sitting next to the whacked out 50 year old who thought she was still 23. Pretty sure she was drunk, and if not, I feel sorry for her friends for having to deal with that all the time. Not the brightest bulb on the strip if you know what I'm saying. While flying over the mountains, she and her friend couldn't agree where we were. She thought we were over the ocean and her friend thought we were over the ocean (on the way to Nevada, there's an ocean right?). Painfully annoying. Thankfully I just fell asleep..
  • Discovered a new fast food joint. FatBurger. Holy crap are their burgers great! And the best part is, their burgers come in like 5 different sizes, so someone like the wife can get the little ity bitty one and not not finish her food for the first time ever..
  • I don't know what it was, but there was pro football jerseys everywhere! Easily dominated by Green Bay Packer shirts. Not in large groups either, just here and there scattered about the crowd. The only thing that outnumbered the Packer fans, were the University of Texas fans. These people love the color orange and apparently that's all they own...
  • Took many long walks down the Strip. It's amazing the things you see. Best costume on Halloween we saw, Jabba the Hut and Princess Leia. Kinda disappointed otherwise. Too many store bought costumes, although I really didn't know that "sexy sailor" (female of course) was that popular...
  • Weird thing about Vegas, no animals, pets, or bugs. None...
  • Did one of the rides up on top of the Stratosphere. It's basically a claw arm that holds you out, over 900 feet above the ground, and whips you around in a circle. I loved it, not sure if the wife did though, as her eyes were slammed shut the entire time...
  • We saw a couple of exhibits while there too. Titanic and Bodies. Titanic was amazing. They really did a great job bringing all the objects to life and tying them in with the people who once owned them. Bodies.. well once you got over the fact that everything you were looking at was at one time walking around, it was amazing. See what the human body looks like under all this skin was really interesting to say the least...
  • Interesting question. Husband and wife in their 50's, stood next to us in line. We bought tix for the two exhibits mentioned above. They bought tix for Fantasy. No idea what he did to convince his wife to go, but I salute you sir..
  • Did the roller coaster on top of New York, New York. Once again, great stuff, and this time the wife even kept her eyes open..
  • We didn't really gamble at all. I think we lost $70 and that's it. Over 3+ days, that's not all that bad. Tons of people there, but no one was gambling. There were even $5 tables everywhere, which I've never seen before...
  • All in all, a great great great trip. So good in fact, that I won't have to beg the wife to go again. She loved sitting by the pool all afternoon, as did I of course. Only problem was there wasn't enough waitress's to bring me beer.

No comments: