Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just Waiting

I listen to the radio all day at work, usually flicking between sports talk radio (two different stations) and music (three different stations depending what kind of mood I'm in). At least once a month, each of these stations runs their emergency broadcast signal test. You know that siren-y noise followed by "this has been a test of the emergency broadcast system..." . Well even though I'm used to this test, and have been for years, it still catches my attention. I always think, wow, is this the time it's for real? Obviously it never is, but I still think that. Is that morbid of me?

No news on the adoption front. But I find myself playing on more and more adoption related sites lately. I think it's because I want to keep it front and center in my mind. Technically we've only been "in circulation" since late December, but it feels like forever and a day since we actually started the whole process in July/August...

Things like this, really really bother me... I have no problem at all with you believing in whatever god you choose to believe in. But c'mon people, evolution is a scientific fact! You can have both faith and science in your life, really you can, it doesn't have to be one or the other...

Have I mentioned that I have rediscovered port. I always forget how much I like it, and find myself having more often then before (by more often I mean a glass every 3rd night or something like that, not 10-12 glasses a day). And for the most part, it's pretty inexpensive..

And finally, nice opening day win for the Sox today. Thankfully, the games are on the radio, so I can pretend it's 1950 and listen in.

No comments: