Saturday, April 18, 2009

Things That Make You Go Hmmmm

In Star Wars, the character played by Carrie Fisher is known as Princess Leia. My question to you is this: at what point, if ever, does she stop being Princess Leia and just simply Leia? My thinking is that as soon as Alderron is destroyed by the first Death Star she drops the Princess. I mean, if you have no more subjects to rule over, you can't really keep the title can you? Maybe she's just that egotistical and refuses to drop the title? Or maybe she doesn't call herself a princess, but others still do?

Thoughts?

1 comment:

Rob said...

I can't think of any point in the movies she refers to herself as the Princess. In fact, I think only Luke refers to her as the Princess with any sincerity after Alderaan blows up; prior to that, Vader and Tarkin (correctly) call her Princess.
Han keeps referring to her as Princess/Your Worship/etc after Alderaan blows up, but he's just trying to get a rise out of her.

Anyhoooooo I'm a nerd.