Thursday, August 27, 2009

Catching Up

Not much really going on lately. Sad huh...

I bruised the crap out of my hand last night, which isn't very fun. By my thumb (on the palm side of my hand) and up in between my thumb and pointer finger is all swollen. I know how it happened, or more specifically when it happened just not how. At my baseball game last night, I grounded out to short, somehow when I made contact the bat moved too much in my hand and did the damage, go figure. So now my kung-fu grip is essentially crap...

We're having a yard sale Saturday, trying to basically get rid of as much stuff as we can so we don't have to move it when someone eventually buys our lovely home. The couches are going, along with stuff like my rollerblades, vcr, old stereos, stuff like that that isn't getting used, will hopefully all be sold. It's supposed to rain, so hopefully all the buyers will come early while the sun is still shinning.

I would just like to publicly thank my father for giving me his cold. We were at my cousins wedding on Sunday, and the waiter filled up an empty water glass. Without thinking, I grabbed it and chugged it down. As I did this, my mother said to me, "I wouldn't do that, it's your fathers glass and he's been sick all week" To which I replied, "I'm not worried, I never get sick." That being said, for the past four days I've been hacking up brown and green goo. Gross. Weird part is, I don't really feel sick, just sound it.

So I had a friend tell me about the xbox version of the game show "1 vs. 100". It's free, you play on line against other people, and there are real prizes if you're good enough. The wife and I figured we'd give it a whirl tonight, and ended up playing for an hour and a half (each game is about 30 mins long). Between the two of us, our trivia skills are pretty darn good, although you get points for how quickly you answer, and frankly she's not that quick.

No comments: