Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Diamonds For Jesus?

  • So I've started drinking coffee...decaf... mostly because I don't drink caffeine at all so when I do it gives me headaches and makes me dizzy. The problem is this though. Dunkin Donuts does not carry either soy milk or nondairy creamers. At first I thought it was a Maine thing, so I emailed them only to find out that it's a company wide thing. That just doesn't make sense to me. Do they think that the lactose intolerant among us don't drink coffee? Starbucks is further away and so much more expensive, but Dunkins has left me with no choice. I have started brewing the occasional cup at home and adding my own lactaid or whatever, but it's just not the same...
  • Tuesday I woke up and it was 8 degrees. Wednesday I woke up and it was 56 degrees. Gotta love living in New England...
  • Have you ever noticed that if you wake up at like three in the morning and can't fall back asleep, time tends to move extraordinarily slow. But if you wake up ten minutes before your alarm is set to go off, time seems to move extraordinarily fast...
  • So there's an ad playing on the radio up here. Some jewelery store (not sure if it's national or local chain), trying to get people to come in and buy diamonds for Xmas. Well their ad states the following, "we believe that God put the most precious stones near those who need the money most. So every cent made from purchasing these diamonds goes right to the impoverished person that found it." Ummm what? They're calling them "fair trade diamonds". So instead of just giving them a better life, Jesus buried these stones in the earth so these people could find them and eventually, maybe make money off it? Riiiiiiiight...talk about a sleazy marketing ploy..

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How dare you question me??!?!?! It's this kind of insolence why you have had 3 flat tires this year.

jay said...

Sorry Jebus..

Anonymous said...

See? There you go again. His name is Jesus, not Jebus.

Now I have to go and smite you or something ... as soon as I'm done picking up Jesus at soccer.