Thursday, December 11, 2008

Is It The Weekend Yet?

  • Right now it's icing out. Not snowing, not raining, icing. This is not a good thing. I just hope that the ice doesn't take down any power lines. I can't live without electricity. No tv? No computer? No cooking? I'd have to like read a book, or talk to my wife or something crazy like that..
  • So yesterday at about 5:15pm, I dropped off some stuff for work along with a NetFlix dvd at the post office. This morning at 7:10am I get an email from NetFlix stating that they've received my dvd and they'll be mailing out the new one today and I can expect to get it tomorrow. How fantastic is that? The post office is so fast up here...
  • The wife and I have finally discovered the Food Network and now we're fully addicted. The nice part is, we get tons of ideas for dinners, etc, the bad part is that when I'm laying in bed at 10:30 at night and they're at a diner in Phily eating a steak and cheese... well .. I then want a steak and cheese..mmmmm
  • Speaking of food... last night we (the wife finds the recipe and i cook it) made a chicken stir fry. Everything from scratch, the sauce, everything. Very very tasty. And tonight I made a sheppards pie. Again, surprisingly good. The best part is, I learn how to make these dishes and can then expand/tinker with them to get them to how we like them.

No comments: