Thursday, December 4, 2008

Is It The Weekend Yet?

Longest week ever...

Anyway.. so back in the day, whenever I'd leave a store or wherever and there was one of those bell ringers from the Salvation Army outside, I'd always drop a couple of bucks into the bucket. The past couple of years though, I've completely stopped carrying money, I use my credit/debit cards for everything (unless of course I'm going to a bar, then I have cash on me. then again, when I leave the bar i usually don't have any money left). So now whenever I leave a store and the bell ringer is outside, I always feel super guilty. I feel like I should pretend to talk on my cell phone as I walk out, or look in the other direction pretending I don't ever see or hear them. Does this make me a bad person...

So the wife and I are watching House the other day. Right in the middle of the show, in mid sentence, the show cuts out and the commercials start. All local commercials, maybe 4-5 in total ran. After they were done, it cut back to the show (still in progress) and eventually to the next commercial break. During the break, the FOX symbol appeared on the television and just changed color for a couple of minutes. See, some dumbass down at the local affiliate hit the wrong button and showed the commercials at the wrong time, making us miss like three minutes of our show.. not cool at all...

And it's official... Divas, our local neighborhood bikini bar has closed. On the way to work the other day everything looked normal. On the way home all the signage was gone and for the first time the curtains were open and you could actually see inside. I would say it's a sad day when a bar closes, but I never went, so it's not so sad for me...

If you need a good laugh , I strongly suggest you check this out...

Forgot to mention.. we watched Baby Mama the other day (it was the wife's turn to pick the movie). I wanted to like it cuz I really love Tina Fey, but it just wasn't good. There was like 2 funny lines in the entire movie, very disappointing..

Can you believe it's December already? Doesn't it feel like Y2K was just the other day, and now it's almost 2009. Holy crap...

1 comment:

Mike said...

For a bar that you "never went" to, Divas has received a lot of mentions on your blog...

Just saying...