Sunday, February 8, 2009

Decisions, Decisions..

I'm thinking of taking a bold step...recently I've noticed the bald spot on my head.. well it's not really fair to call it a spot, more like a region, has been expanding and taking over the rest of my head. Think of it as Germany circa 1938 with the rest of my head being Europe, only there's no Allies to come in and stop them...

Others have noticed too... the other day at work, I bent over to write something on a desk while standing, and my 71 year old custodian looks up and says, "wow Jason, you're really going bald huh!" So I over course asked him if he knew what it was like to stand in an unemployment line. Then yesterday, I'm in the bathroom brushing my teeth as the wife is taking her shower. I comment to her that my hair seems to be thinning out more, and she says, "Um thinning out? I think it's done thinning and has moved on to disappearing!" This of course led me to reach into the shower and turn off the hot water while she wasn't looking. Fair play I'd say.

So I'm thinking of not shaving the head again, but just stopping the "pretending it's not there and try to cover it, but letting the hair around it grow a little longer" and just cutting it short. Not bald short or wiffle short, just shorter than it is now, so it doesn't look like I'm trying to hide anything...

I don't actually own hair clippers anymore, so I'll have to go buy some. So nothing will happen until I make another Target run, which knowing my wife, will be very soon. We'll see...any suggestions??

3 comments:

Rob said...

What about Rogaine (or something comparable)?

jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jay said...

yeah, i'm too lazy to use it every day and too cheap to pay for it. so i'll just go the short hair route