Sunday, February 8, 2009

Movies And Then Some

So we went and saw He's Just Not That Into You last night. We'll get to the review in second, first two things...

When purchasing the tickets, the wife left me to go to the ladies room (her way of making me pay for them). The woman behind the ticket counter was in her mid fifties and the conversation we had went something like this:
me: "two tickets for he's just not that into you please"
her: "ok...(tapping computer screen) did you say two?"
me: (laughing)"do i look like the type of guy that would go see this movie by himself?"
her: (laughing) "you actually look like a gentlemen who bought tickets earlier who said he had lost a bet with his wife"

Then while standing in line to buy popcorn, I turn to the wife and asked if she thought movie popcorn used real butter. After all, they call it butter, right, so why not? She said no, she didn't think it was real at all, just some synthetic concoction dubbed butter. Well let me tell you, my lactose intolerantness begs to differ... it's butter...

Now as for the movie... I have to admit it was pretty entertaining. Every single/nonmarried girl out there should see it, as it lets you behind the curtain to the male dating thought process. If even half that movie is true, you girls think waaaaay too much...

The director also managed to do what I thought was impossible. They tried their best to make Scarlett Johansson unattractive. Or maybe she's just not as attractive as I thought she was? There's a scene or two where she's very yummy, but otherwise I was kinda disappointed...

No comments: