Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Speech

Ok three observations:

First, remember when you were a kid at some sort of awards ceremony or graduation and the person running the ceremony would ask everyone to hold their applause until the end? Yeah, I think they need to do that with these presidential speeches. Every third sentence gets a standing ovation. C'mon people. If you do that for every point, the really important stuff doesn't stand out...

Second, don't you love when the camera spans the room during a standing o, only to show half the people not standing, but sitting with their arms folded across their chests like little kids as if to say "i'm not going to cheer and you can't make me!"

Third, which relates directly to the first two points, somebody needs to tell Pelosi to sit the eff down! The wife is convinced that she has a spring in her chair... up and down, up and down. Just sit your bony ass in the chair and listen to what the man has to say. Cheer at the end. As I type this, the following words just came out of the wife's mouth.."oh my god, i'm going to staple her ass to the chair!"

And one last thing. He can keep his $15 a week tax cut I'm getting, as long as I don't have to pay taxes come April 15th. I pay taxes all year, why do I have to pay more now? Stupid government...

No comments: