Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Where Have All The Good Writers Gone?

Those of you who know me, know that I'm a huge fan of tv. Love watching it, have a list of shows I love to watch, and think the dvr is one of the best inventions ever. My new satellite tv has just worsened my habits.

But I have a problem. I'm finding that there's less and less good tv out there. It's almost like the networks have given up on creating decent programming. Comedies are pretty much gone these days, everything seems to be crime dramas and reality tv. And when a new comedy does appear, it's usually horrible (case in point, NBC's Kath and Kim. how in the heck is this train wreck still on the air? i've watched exactly three minutes of it and i sincerely regret wasting all three of those precious minutes). Even if you do choose to watch an hour procedural show, eighteen minutes of that hour is commercial, how ridiculous is that? Again, this is where the dvr (or better yet a Celtics game) comes in handy.

Am I the only one that feels that tv has gone seriously down hill?

1 comment:

eileen said...

Just do what I do and pick a show and watch it on DVD. Right now I'm watching The Wire and Freaks and Geeks.