Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's Hard Coming Up With Titles

So I don't really have one for this post... just a couple of quick points and I'll be on my way.
  • Have you ever noticed that a 20 second time out in basketball is 20 seconds only in name? They always play at least two commercials during the time out, so that's at least a minute right there..
  • I'm finding it very difficult to turn my brain off at night. I can zone out no problem playing on the internet or watching tv, but as soon as the lights go out my brain kicks into high gear. Work, stuff around the house, tv, everything! I used to be able to relax no problem and shut down for sleepy time. Now it takes like twenty minutes, any suggestions on what to do?
  • It's almost Valentines Day and I've gotta say I'm not really a huge fan. It's a completely made up day that forces us men to do stuff for our ladies. Does Hallmark really think we as men are that incompetent that they have to tell us when to buy flowers, etc?
  • Did you watch that interview with ARod yesterday? It was funny listening to him go on and on apologizing, etc. "I was young and naive and didn't know any better", "everyone was doing it", "it was all about the money". Doesn't it sound like one of those Hollywood actresses that does nudity early on in her career then goes on to superstardom and regrets taking off her clothes? Seriously though, the whole steroids thing, I'm really over it. To me, it's just another era of baseball. When I teach my kid all I know about baseball, it'll be just another chapter, that's all. And as for keeping these guys out of the Hall of Fame, bad idea. The HoF is nothing but a museum and a museum should tell the entire history, not just the parts it picks and chooses. But that's just my opinion, what do I know...

No comments: