Sunday, May 3, 2009

The Good, The Bad And The Absinthe

Weekend.. great...although I can't remember the last time I was this exhausted. Friday night we just hung around the house, and I made the wife sing some karaoke. Always a good time.

Saturday we drove down to Boston for a friends Kentucky Derby party. They have one every year, and I'd have to say that this years was the most fun. New house, a lot more room to mingle and a huge backyard put it over the top. Some of the other guests brought their kids, so the wife and I got our baby fix in too which was nice.

Once the crowd thinned out some after the actual race, the wiffle ball/bat were busted out. Man, I love me some wiffle ball. I love it so much, that our next house has to have a yard big enough for us to play, it's a new rule I just made up just now.

But the real problem started when we ran out of beer. I blame Rick for this. I brought beer, so I can't be held accountable for what happened next. Young Mr. Rick thought it would be a good idea to bust out the absinthe. What's absinthe you ask? Here's your answer... Too words to describe it. Nas Tee. This stuff was just potent as all heck and I'm pretty sure it was radioactive. When we poured it into a paper cup, after about five minutes it actually started to burn it's way thru the cup. Seriously. It was the color of gatorade, only more green, sorta like Ecto cooler for all you children of the 80's. There's a reason the real stuff is illegal. Apparently you're supposed to mix it with ice cold water and a sugar cube. Well, we didn't have any sugar cubes but I did add some water and it didn't make a lick of difference. It still tasted like turpentine.

I learned a very valuable lesson thanks to that stuff. Nothing good ever happens after 3am except sleep...

No comments: