Sunday, May 10, 2009

Movie Review: Wolverine

Friday night was movie night here in the Morrissey household. Now half the time, movie night is great, the other half of the time, the wife picks the movie and it's not so great. Well Friday was her turn, and I just new I'd have to go see that new McConaughey movie, which I was dreading.

Turns out, I was completely wrong! When we got the theater, the wife proclaimed that she wanted to see Wolverine. I actually had to ask her again, just to make sure I heard her correctly the first time.

Overall it was an entertaining movie, but as is the case with many "firsts" (with sequels on the way) it's more about setting up upcoming movies rather than concentrating on this one. There's a whole lot of back story, which is all well and good, but not always needed. The action was great though, the story was decent and the cast was excellent. If you liked the other X-Men movies, I'd recommend seeing this one.

Now the question is this... next week when it's my turn to pick... do I see what I want to see (star trek), or do I pay back the favor and pick a chick flick?

1 comment:

eileen said...

Go for Star Trek- have you seen the guy who plays young Captain Kirk? Sarah will be happy with the choice, I assure you.