Sunday, May 31, 2009

This And That

So I start the new job tomorrow. I guess I should be excited, but I'm really quite ambivalent about it. Not entirely sure why either...

I drove down from Maine today and have the following points to make:
1. If you're driving 65 mph, get the heck out of the left lane. You're in my way and going way too slow.
2. People who drive zip cars can not drive. Twice I got cut off (by two different people). One was signaling right and went left and the other was white knuckling it not sure which way to go.
3. People who drive at 10 and 2...well frankly they scare me. I saw a lady today sitting so close to the steering wheel that her elbows were touching the bottom of the wheel while her hands were at 10 and 2. And it wasn't because she was too short to reach the pedals so she had to sit that close. If you sit that close, how can you possibly turn the wheel quick enough if the situation arises? Answer: you can't.
4. People in Maine can be weird sometimes. A lot of people have these stickers on the back of their car windshields (sorta like the college decals people put on) but instead of saying Boston College or University of Maine, they say "In Loving Memory Of.." then have the persons name and date of birth and death. How creepy is that. And what happens when you want to get rid of the car? Do you take the sticker off? Or leave it for the new owner to wonder who this person was?

I picked up my mother in law at the airport tonight after her long four month stay in Venice. While standing in Terminal E at Logan I noticed the following two things. First, Terminal E is a very happy place. Lots of hugging and crying and all that, people excited to see their friends/family returning home (I did some hugging, but no crying this time). Second, I figure that Terminal E has to be the U.S's largest importer of man-pris. We need to put a stop to this immediately. No man should ever ever ever wear capris, I'm sorry, it's just not allowed. Go with the shorts, go with the pants, nothing in between, it's one of the other, no ifs ands or buts about it.

No comments: