Tuesday, May 12, 2009

This Is What Happens When You're Bored

So I've been going the gym five or six days a week for the past couple of months now. During the week, I go at the same time every morning before work, so the same people are there pretty much every morning. Now, I've never had a conversation with any of these people, yet while working out my mind tends to wander. So I've given everyone nicknames and personalities. Is that weird?

There's the angry girl. She's in good shape, there almost every morning, but always has this menacing scowl on her face. As Elle Woods once said, "Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. " Yes, this is what the seclusion of Maine has done to me, I'm now quoting Legally Blond. Thanks Sarah.

We have The Cleaners. A husband and wife duo who apparently own the dry cleaner next door. They do a different routine every morning, but don't verbally communicate the entire time. One just follows the other from station to station.

There's the Rabbit. A girl who has her hair pulled back in a pony tail and no matter what she does it swings back and forth at a very high rate of speed. Almost like she bounces when she walks.

And Twig and Berry. Two buddies (they always work out together), in the "before" picture of a typical Revere meat head. Earring, sleeves cut off the t-shirt, spend too much time on their hair. One is short and round and the other is tall and less round, but they don't touch the cardio machines, it's all about weights with these two.

The Hydrant. This guy is short and built just like a fire hydrant. Seems nice enough, about 55 years old , but someone I definitely wouldn't want to mess with.

Then there's me, the creepy guy who sees all these people and makes up little back stories for each of them...does that make me weird?

No comments: