Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Random Thoughts

  • I was listening to the radio the other day and callers where calling in about whether or not to tear down Fenway and rebuild. It's a funny issue because people get very defensive about their view very quickly. Personally, I love Fenway. I still remember the first game I went to and I still get a little hop in my step every time I walk out from under the grandstand and see that wall. That being said, tear the beast down. I've been to other parks around the country, new parks. Tradition is a wonderful thing, but so is leg room, non obstructed views and not having to pee in a trough...

  • No new news on the adoption or anything. I've spoken with the agency a couple of times and I'm told that "things are picking up". Um ok. Not entirely sure what that means as we just need someone to pick us. Volume doesn't really matter to me. It's weird, it's only been three months since the Akron incident, and four months total (of us being officially in circulation) but it feels so much longer. I absolutely love seeing my friends kids and my godson, etc, but at the same time, each time we see them it's a little reminder that we're still waiting. Breeders... you guys have no idea how easy you have it haha...

  • So I forgot to mention this last night. The wife got chased by a baby squirrel yesterday. First off, who out there has actually ever seen a baby squirrel? I hadn't until now, but for those of you who were wondering what it looks like...it looks like a regular squirrel only smaller. Anyway, I saw the squirrel out back thru the window (first hint something was going on, all the cats in two windows staring intently outside). Then when we left to go to Target, it was actually sitting in the driveway. At first we thought it was sick or dead or something because it wasn't moving. But as the wife got closer it started making these tiny baby squirrel chirping noises and began hopping in an irregular pattern, basically freaking out. Within seconds it was gone, into the bushes. When we got back from Target it was gone, so we figured one of two things happened. It either figured out how to climb back up the tree and into it's nest, or....well let's just say there are a lot of neighborhood cats around...
  • Lastly, I'm looking for a workout partner. Not a literal partner as you're all really far away, but someone to basically compete with. I'm going to the gym five days a week, but don't really have a goal at this point, which makes things boring. Any ideas?

No comments: