Monday, May 25, 2009

The Weekend

Very productive, quiet, but really fun weekend all rolled into one. The best part was I played golf three times, which didn't really help me to improve, but it's still fun being out there. I can hit 10 horrible shots in a row, but that one good one, that's the one I remember...

So Saturday the wife and I did yard work. Mowing, weed wacking, etc.. At one point, I'm out back mowing the lawn and the wife comes running out of the shed screaming. What was it that sent our fair maiden into a tizzy you ask? This...

This little teeny itsy bitsy baby mouse. Poor little guy was shaking like a leaf in a twister. He (I'm assuming it was a he at least) was only about an inch long, just really really tiny. I didn't want to kill him or anything (he was probably just lost right?) , so we left him there with a place to hide and some food. An hour or so later, he was gone. I'm hoping he didn't make the acquaintance of any of the neighborhood cats. I'm not terribly worried that he or any of his immediate family will make their way into our house, as we currently have five cats patrolling the interior. If a mouse made it's way in, he wouldn't last very long...
Sunday was spent doing more yard work, errands etc, followed by a cook out at at my uncles house. I don't know what he does, but he makes the best burgers around. I also learned that getting your picture taken with the sun low on the horizon isn't the best of ideas..


Today... golfed some more, washed the cars (inside and out), cleaned my clubs, cleaned the grill, all the while the wife was scraping and repainting the spots around the outside of the house that needed it. While outside, we made a new friend. This kitten from down the street decided that our house was the place to be. So when she wasn't sitting outside the windows tormenting our cats (who are stuck inside), she was outside following Sarah and I around. She just wanted to hang out, be petted and was just generally curious as to what was going on, which was nothing exciting really.
So in the span of two weeks, we've encountered a baby squirrel, a baby mouse and a kitten, all outside our house. Think this is a sign? Add that to the adoptive and foster families weekend we stumbled into two weeks ago and it has to be pointing in the right direction right?

All in all a great weekend, weather was great (except for the two hours when I golfed Sunday and it rained the entire time), got to hang out with friends and family and got a lot done around the house. With the in laws arriving soon, I have to make sure everything is in tip top shape!

1 comment:

Cris said...

That's a very cute cat.