Monday, September 7, 2009

I Saw God Today

Those immortal words were sung by the great George Strait, granted his song is about the birth of his daughter, but that's neither here nor there.

My story, well my story is about the greatest invention ever! Ok, so who out there loves breakfast? I sure do. If I had it my way, I'd have breakfast at least twice a day. Know what else I love? Pancakes. Pancakes, with a side of eggs, bacon and fried potato's. Heaven. At least I thought it was heaven until I had my lunch today.

The wife and I stopped at the Purple Cow House of Pancakes for lunch today (its in fairfield, me, exit 133). We've eaten there before and knew it was good, so we figured why not. Since it's on the sign, I figured I'd get some pancakes for lunch. But not just any pancakes... no sirrrree, these were some special pancakes, or more specifically, bacon pancakes. Yep you read that right, these pancakes had bacon in them! Sooooooo good. I only had one, but it was the size of my plate, so one was plenty and it was absolutely to die for.

That restaurant is 50 miles from Bangor, and 200 from Boston, and I'd be willing to drive from either just to have some more bacon pancakes, they were just that good...

No comments: