Monday, September 28, 2009

Is It Just Me?

  • Is anyone else still weirded out by a non mustachioed Alex Trebec? He shaved it off forever ago, yet it still doesn't look right every time I watch Jeopardy;
  • The wife and I hit Legal Seafood the other night. O-ver-Ra-ted (clap clap clapclapclap) The food was pretty good (her chowdah was good, so I was told, but our pasta was COVERED in butter even though it wasn't listed in the description), the drinks were expensive and the service was decent. For my buck, it's a very overrated place, I'd rather hit Naked Fish. But the best part was paying. Not the amount of course, but the method. Instead of giving the waiter my credit card, he brought over a wireless thingy for us to pay at the table. It even figured out the tip for us (in increments of 15%, 18% and 20%). So the food was alright, but the paying technique was pretty cool;
  • Anyone watching any good new shows this year? We started watching Glee, which is very entertaining, but that's really it. Otherwise we've pretty much stuck to the same shows as last year. Any suggestions?
  • The weirdest/coolest thing just happened. I'm sitting here writing my blog entry, minding my own business (i'm using my mother in laws laptop while she is in Turkey), when all of a sudden we got a Skype call. It was my brother in law and nephew in California. I've never used Skype before so I hit answer and next thing I know I'm seeing and talking to my CA family. How cool is that? And it's free! I think I might have to look into this Skype thing..

1 comment:

Cleaty said...

The in-laws wanted us to keep an eye on you while they are gone, so careful where you leave the laptop. :)

Sorry I missed you guys. We should skype more often.