Sunday, September 13, 2009

Please Don't Fondle Then Guns

I'll get to the meaning behind that phrase in a moment.

After a great dinner with great friends Friday night, the wife and I headed on up to Maine for the weekend. It was good timing by us, as it was "walk around town without a shirt on even though there should be laws against you not wearing a shirt at all times", weekend. I swear, every time we left the house, we'd see guys walking around town without their shirts on. And it wasn't even that hot out, probably in the 60's and low 70's. Not that they were missing much clothing as these were the type of guys that normally only wear wife beaters, so to them it was no biggie. I don't need to see your cheap tattoo's, I don't need to see your beer gut (no i'm not describing me), just put a shirt on and go away. Plus, if it's warm enough to not wear a shirt, then why are you jeans and not shorts?

Saturday night was movie night, outdoors again, and we watched Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Not to say it was horrible, because it had it's funny moments, but it really wasn't very good at all.

Sunday was a very interesting morning. Got a call at 9:30am, waking me up (i never sleep past 730, never mind 930). It was my uncle asking if I wanted to go to the gun show down at the Civic Center. Now, I don't need a gun, but I sure couldn't pass up this opportunity. Plus, I love making gun show jokes, usually while kissing my biceps..


The first thing you see, right before you hit the ticket booth, the NRA booth. Thanks guys, I'm good. Right when you walk in the room, the first thing you see is this bad boy. I'll tell you what, you go huntin' with this little lady, and Bambi better be wearing a whole lot of Kevlar.


This is what most of the show looked like. Just tables and tables of guns and more guns. New, used, from the tiniest .22 to the barely legal assault rifle. And seriously, do we need it to be ok to buy an assault rifle? Last I checked, the Canadians were a peaceful bunch, so we really don't need to lock and load any time soon.
On one of the tables, there was a small sign that read "please don't fondle the guns". How does one fondle a gun? Over the holster, no palm? Buy it dinner and a movie first? For safety sake, I just didn't touch anything. Heck, I was afraid to even snap the two pictures that I did take...

And for the lady in your life.. the tiny pink .22. It might not kill him, but it'll do just enough damage so he won't mess with you again. Plus, you'll look cute shooting him...


Of course we had to follow up our trip to the gun show, with a trip to WalMart. Boston, I've never missed you more...

No comments: