Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Hmmm

  • Ever wonder why people from Massachusetts have no clue as to how to drive thru a rotary? It's not like they're some new futuristic type of intersection that just confuses everyone. Right outside the Arboretum in Jamaica Plain is the rotary from hell. People coming from one direction don't stop, don't look, they just go, which is scary if you happen to be coming from the opposite direction. Everyday, I go thru it on the way home from work, and I'd say at least twice a week I end up leaning on my horn at someone (those who know me, know I never use the horn on the car, just ask the wife)
  • Walking thru Boston today I had a scary moment. The wife and I were walking down Newbury Street, just out for a walk, and we passed the location where I thought Daisy Buchanan's was. Daisy's was a favorite bar of ours in our early 20's. I had a moment of sadness until I realized that it was actually on the next block and still alive and well. Who's up for a night of reliving 23? I just might be...
  • Saw a great license plate the other day in Maine... OMG MOVE(!) I put the exclamation point in there obviously. For the old among us, OMG means "oh my god". Just a nice way of asking all those people going 65 in the left lane to get out of the way!

2 comments:

Helen said...

I just panicked when I read that about DBs. Do you remember that I met my husband there on your 25th birthday?

jay said...

i have zero recollection of my 25the birthday, but that's probably because i'm old and dont remember such things anymore. either that or i was just too drunk...