Monday, September 7, 2009

It Was The Best Of Times, It Was The Worst Of Times.

I'll let you figure out which is which...

So this weekend the wife and I were up in Maine. I took Friday off, so we went up Thursday night. Spent the day Friday hanging around the house, doing errands, cleaning, that sort of thing. Friday night though, we went to the Dierks Bentley concert with my uncle and cousin. Normally, I'm a HUGE fan of live music. This should have been the case here, except the acoustics in the arena where the show was were HORRIBLE. Really, it's physically impossible for them to have been any worse. If I hadn't known any of his songs, I would have been clueless as to what the lyrics were, just noise bouncing all over the place. Other than that, it was a great time though. Bentley could have really half-assed it for a show in Maine with 4,000 people there, but he didn't which was cool.

Saturday, we had our yard sale. It was scheduled from 8-3, but people started showing up at 7. I'll tell you this much, yard sales bring out the weirdo's. And after 8 or so hours of standing in the driveway, we walked away with a nice addition to our baby fund.

Now for the bad... my hair is gone, it's essentially at really really short wiffle status. Saturday I thought I'd try to shave it bald. While in the shower, I grabbed my razor and shaved it, but it wasn't cutting it short enough. So when I got out, I put some shaving gell on my head and shaved away. Aside from two cuts (which i didnt even feel) and some razor burn, I was in good shape. Until later...apparently I had a reaction to the gell, and my head starting oozing puss. Nasty stuff, really nasty. Thankfully, it has since stopped... But it can't be a good thing that puss was coming out of my scalp right?

After stacking some wood for my uncle Sunday, we headed back to their house later that night for dinner and a movie. Dinner, smoked pulled pork, smoked ribs and burgers, along with some other non meat products I ignored, was fantastic. I have to get a smoker, everything that comes out of that thing tastes soooo good. And the movie? Pyscho, watched outside using their new projector. Really, does it get any better? I don't think so...

And on the way home today the wife stopped at Douney and Bourke and did some damage while I bought a pair of $15 sunglasses at LL Bean. I finally found a pair that fit my lopsided head!

No comments: