Monday, June 15, 2009

Long Time No Talk

So the new job is what it is. Not a whole lot to report on there..

Otherwise, life has been just chugging along. This past weekend was a lot of fun though. A very good friend of ours got married! The wedding was Saturday night at the Hyatt at the airport. The airport you'd think, would be noisy and windy and all that from the planes and being right on the water. Not even close. The location was fantastic, you couldn't hear the planes at all (there must have been some sort of noise force field or something around the tent we were in) and the weather was absolutely perfect...

I would post some pictures, but I'm not sure I can figure out how right this second as the camera and I are in two different states. As soon as I figure it out, you'll get them though.

The rest of the weekend was good too, as we went over to my grandparents for my for my grandfathers 85th birthday. Also got to play with my cousin's son (my godson) which was great as he's the cutest baby ever.

Ok, enough about the weekend.. links time..

Apparently we now have a million words! Hooray!! I figured we would have more than that by now, but I guess they take words out from time to time, which makes sense. In the world of languages, I wonder how English rates (number of words) versus other languages? More or less in English...

And the esteemed Time magazine has taken up space in its pages with an article about how facebook is making reunions easier. I didn't realize that there was a booming "reunion organizing" industry out there, but I guess facebook is taking them down.

No comments: