Sunday, June 21, 2009

News And The Weekend

So the weekend was good, as are all weekends. Dinner with the parents and wife on Friday night at the Picadilly Pub (where I haven't been in probably 10 years), which was great mostly due to the fact that they had the new Blue Hills brewery on tap. Mmmm new beer...

Saturday was spent at the American Craft Beer Festival held at the World Trade Center in Boston. My buddy and I went and probably sampled somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 beers in the 2 or so hours we were there. They only come in 2-3 ounce glasses, so the damage is kept to a minimum. After that, the wife and I hit my cousins duel graduation party (from high school). The highlight of the day, they rented a cotton candy maker, hot dog steamer and a bounce house! Yes that's right, a 32 year old me, spent waaay too much time bouncing around in a giant inflatable house. I need to start saving my pennies to buy one of those things. We have some pretty good pictures, but I can't upload from this computer, but maybe the wife will this week.

Sunday was spent hanging out with dad and later at my future sister in laws wedding shower. I of course did not attend, but was brought in at the end to help with the transportation of the gifts. Luckily, I brought the big car, cuz they made out like bandits.

Now on to the news. A friend of mine runs a web site, www.beercrusade.com , you can find the link on the top right of this page. Anyway, the site is all beer all the time. For a while, it was just him reviewing different beers he tried, sticking mostly to the out of the ordinary. Well, life happens and he got busy, so he decided to expand, and has added two more reviews to the mix. So starting next week, there will be fresh posts every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, with new beers. If you're a fan, as I am, I highly recommend you check it out...

No comments: