Thursday, June 25, 2009

They Come In Threes

Michael Jackson, Farrah Faucet and Ed McMahon. Doesn't it always seem that way? Whenever a celebrity dies, two more follow. Somewhere Walter Cronkite just let out a sigh of relief...sorry, I couldn't help myself there.

Think about it though, each of these three really symbolized a generation. Everyone knows Farrah from that iconic poster and her one season (yep, everyone always forgets it was only one season before she left over a contract dispute) of Charlie's Angel's. All those old people that loved The Tonight Show, knew Ed McMahon along with all us kids who used to watch Star Search (umm what I meant was all "those" kids who used to watch Star Search. I never watched it, I was too cool for that) Never mind the fact that every time your doorbell rang, part of you always wished it was him with that giant check from Publishers Clearing House. Then there's Michael Jackson. Is there a better song than Billy Jean? I'm not sure that there is. Try to forget the creepy stuff (sorta like how we like to remember Elvis as young and skinny) and just remember the good times. Sad to see all three pass away.

So I was thinking. John and Kate of John and Kate Plus Eight have been on the covers of those gossips magazines an awful lot lately. So I had a thought. People Magazine should just change it's name to Person Magazine (as either john or kate are always on the front), and US Weekly should now just be Them Weekly. It's like they're completely consumed by these two people, as if there's no other gossip to be found out there. The problem is, summer is late in getting here this year, so all those drunken clubbers (you know who you are Lohan) haven't been out and about yet..

My brother's bachelor party is this weekend. Golf followed by drinking and gambling. Should be a great great time, but I'm just hoping not to look too old to all his little buddies. I was going to go to one of his friends show tonight (he's in a band), but then I found out they weren't taking the stage until 11, and that's just too late for me. I just can't hang like I used to. So might say I'm washed up, others might say I'm just saving up for Saturday.

No comments: