Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Bottling And A Bad Decision

Did I mention that I'm going to be a god father? Did you happen to pick on the fact that I'm just a tiny bit excited?

Ok... so tonight... an interesting night to say the least. The wife and I headed out to Petco to buy some more cat food. Uneventful, boring, I know. While in the car trying to figure out what to have for dinner the following suggestion was thrown out. Arby's. I know what you're thinking, GROSS, right? Well neither of us had ever been there, and it was right around the corner from Petco so we figured what the heck why not. The first sign that this was a bad idea, should have been the complete lack of cars in the parking lot. Not one. Zero.. not even employee cars. Did this stop us from going in? Unfortunately not.

The second sign that this wasn't the best of ideas should have been the fact that all the "rejects from the funny farm" (as my lovely wife put it) were working there. Seriously it was weird, like you know those kids who were in "romper room" in high school (same age and iq as everyone else, just really didn't want to try so they got to do puzzles and annoy the teacher all day), they're all working at Arby's now.

Third sign that this wasn't the best of ideas, the bill. $17 for fast food! Are you kidding me?!?! A chicken sandwich, two drinks, a roast beef sandwich (comes with nothing on it) and two fries. This would be like $8 at McDonald's (assuming McDonald's suddenly decided to carry roast beef and curly fries of course).

The lesson here... as always... I'm an idiot. Food wasn't horrible, neither of us got sick, but it sure as heck wasn't good.

On a happy note, I bottled my beer tonight too. So the inaugural batch of McGinty IPA should be ready for consumption in two weeks. And on a very happy note, it came out at 9.8% apv. Pretty strong stuff. And completely accidental, I have no idea how that happened. I tasted a bit during the bottling, and it was actually pretty good. We'll see what happens in two weeks though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toby,

Why are you leaving for Costa Rica?