Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Half Way There

Wednesday, half way to the weekend. There's nothing worse than being away from work for a bit and coming back to a million emails, a million phone messages and twice as many issues.

Before I start, a request. Anyone out there know of anyone getting rid of a set of juniors golf clubs? My mom is thinking of picking up golf and didn't want to go buy an expensive set, not knowing if she's actually going to like it or not. And the reason for the junior (kids) set? My mom is a Lilliputian. Yeah, she's like 4'11", on a good day, so a normal set of clubs would be too big for her.

So we finally just got around to watching last weeks finale's of How I Met Your Mother and The Office. The HIMYM finale was entertaining and predictable, but was still a quality episode. The Office on the other hand was fantastic. Lately, they've been making Michael too mean, but in this episode they brought him back to his socially awkward best. When he's mean and a jerk, the show has a different feel to it, its really not as good. But when he's fumbling and bumbling, it's perfection.

For those of you not watching, you're really missing out. Fantastic win by the Celtics last night, who could have very easily rolled over. Great team effort with solid defense and good shooting. Still a few too many jump shots for my liking, but that's just the way this team is.

I find that when I'm not in Maine, I miss it. Not sure if I miss the state, or just miss my house and my own space. It's really great seeing everyone when we're down in MA, but it's also nice to be home. My parents couch is surprisingly comfortable and all, but.... its not my bed.

The first visitors of the summer have been booked! My parents have decided to come up again in July. So now the wife and I have a target date to get everything done around the house.

And on a related note, a groundbreaking accord was struck early today by the Morrisseys. Yes, the wife and I agreed on who will be running the show on a couple of big projects that are coming up. So this weekend, I'll be doing the majority of work on the bathroom, and she gets complete carte blanche on the landscaping around the house. For either of us to concede power is a big deal, but for the wife to concede is absolutely amazing. We had this discussion while walking around Lowe's tonight, and I seriously expected an monkey to come flying out of her arse. That's how rare of an event it was.

ABC has a new show this summer called Wipeout and it looks fantastic. If you haven't seen it, there's a Japanese game show called Most Extreme Elimination Challenge (the Americanized name) and its absolutely hysterical. It involves people running a very unusual obstacle course, bouncing off things, landing in muddy water.. good stuff. No one actually ever gets hurt, but its really amazing that they don't. People just aren't supposed to bounce like they do on the show, but they somehow do. Can't wait for the show.

T-minus four days until my first batch of beer will be ready to drink. I'm going to try a bottle Saturday night and let everyone know Sunday that I didn't die and it's safe to drink. As you can tell, I have an enormous amount of faith in my brewing abilities. The beer ended up coming out at about 10%abv, which is quite a lot for a beer. Essentially one of my beers is equal to two of any other beer. In alcohol content at least.

Its the wife's turn to pick our Friday night movie. Anyone out there that wants to help me convince her to sacrifice her pick and go see Indiana Jones, please do. I neeeeed to see this movie and there's really nothing else out there that she wants to see anyway....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure they probably just don't air the episodes in which people maim themselves.

That's a good plan for you to have one person take the lead per project.

Sarah said...

So I've been mocked about the bathroom and you want me to pick your movie this weekend? Uh huh- we're seening Made of Honor again, just because I can :)

Anonymous said...

Jase,
I think I've warned you before re making fun of my height....now next time you won't get the couch you'll get Steve's bed!!!!!