Thursday, May 22, 2008

The End of New TV

This time of year really stinks. Ninety percent of the network tv shows seasons have concluded, so there's really nothing on tv. A couple of shows, LOST for example, still have yet to have their season finales, but for the most part, everything is over and done with. I guess I could pick up a book or something (I'm currently reading The Future of Freedom and rereading A Walk In The Woods, I'm a huge Bill Bryson fan), but you all know how much I love tv so that's not really a suitable replacement. The summer is usually full of reality tv (which I'm not really a huge fan of) so I'm not exactly holding my breathe for new good shows. I guess it's ok though, as it'll force me to spend more time outside which is always a good thing.

I would just like to thank the wife, once again, for putting up with my Celtics obsession. Yet another night where she has conceded the tv to me. I know I'll pay for it somewhere down the line though.

So the wife shot me an email today because she couldn't think of my most recent catch phrase I've been using to insult people. I immediately gave it to her (dirty pirate hooker) and felt all good that the wife was using one of my insults… then I realized something. The phrasing of her question was very specific, "what's your multi word insult?. I keep coming up with "no talent ass clown", but that's not it, it's the other one." The other one? So this means that I only have two insults in my repertoire? This can't be true. I'm wittier than this, aren't i? I know I'm not as funny/witty as I think I am, but still, I should have more than two go-to insults, right? Both of these phrases come from movies too, which means I wasn't even good enough to come up with them on my own. This is a cause for some great introspection. Maybe I've just gotten lazy in my old age. Maybe the lack of people to insult in Maine has made me rely on my oldies but goodies. This is completely unacceptable. I need to get back on my game.

Tried a new beer. Geary's Summer Ale. For some reason whenever I go to the beer store I forget that I don't like any of the Geary's beers, yet I keep trying them thinking I'll like it this time. It's not terribly bad, but I wouldn't exactly recommend it to a friend either. I need to start writing down what I like/don't like and what I've tried/haven't tried.

No comments: