Sunday, May 11, 2008

Weekend Goings On..

Well let's see. It was a highly productive and lazy weekend all at the same time. Friday night was spent at the movies. It was my week to choose, so Iron Man won out. Now when I was a wee lad, I was a huge Iron Man fan, it was one of my favorite comics. The movie.. well.. it was good, but it was too long, and they spent way too much time on the back story (which was modernized). I'd say it wasn't as good as Spider Man, but it was better than the new Superman.

After the movie we hit Chili's for some dinner and drinks. No more eating at Chili's. The food was fine I guess, but we always get stuck with the same waitress, who is soooo slow. I'm convinced its cuz she takes a smoke break like every three minutes. Every time she comes over to the table, she reeks like cigarettes. She's been our waitress every time we've been in there. They do however have $2 Miller Light drafts which is nice, and HUGE tasty margaritas which the wife loves.

It was a miserable day Saturday, so we basically just hung around the house. Didn't do much of anything, and I really don't want to even discuss the Celtics game, so we'll just move on to Sunday. There was one amusing thing though. Saturday night, we went to the grocery store at like 7pm to get something for dinner. Apparently all the local riff raff shop on Saturday night, cuz it was meathead/burnout central. Everyone in there looked like they just finished a three week bender. We saw these two guys buying nothing but Fluff, burrito shells and Mountain Dew. Although when we saw them in the parking lot, they were pulling stuff out from under their shirts and pants. Sketchy...

Busy day today. Cleaned the house (first floor at least), brought out the patio furniture, put together the new outdoor heater, fixed some pipes in the basement (who doesn't love using a blowtorch!), cleaned my grill top to bottom, got in nine holes, went to Lowe's twice and finished the wall. Yeah, we're exhausted. I've posted one last picture of the wall, I know you're all probably sick of seeing it by now. But we added one more layer and the top stone. I think it was the right decision and it really looks great. The funny part is, all our neighbors keep stopping by to say hi (we hadn't spoken to any of them previously) and I keep joking that we're just doing our part to raise the property values on the street.

Hopefully this week we'll get to plant some plants/flowers etc to really spice it up. You know, its funny.. when I was a kid, my parents would constantly be outside doing stuff to the house and I'd think, what the heck are they always doing. Now I know. And I now appreciate the effort that goes into having a house, but I love it. Both the wife and I really enjoy getting our hands dirty and doing things ourselves. For some reason, paying someone to do things just leaves a bad taste in my mouth (I'm sure that'll change once I'm rich). The next project we're tackling will be our upstairs bathroom, which we'll do Memorial Day weekend. After that, we really don't have much planned, but you know as well as I do that the misses and I will find something else to occupy our time.

Oh, before I forget... 99% of you reading this blog haven't come up to visit us yet and that's simply unacceptable! C'mon people, no more being lazy.. no more excuses... just pick a weekend and come on up. We love having the company!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The wall looks awesome! Nice work to both of you!! And I hope we find a weekend to come up and enjoy Maine with you and Sarah! That would be a lot of fun!