Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fall Tv Thoughts

So (I start a lot of posts with that word, don't I) those of you who know me, know I love my tv. In fact, it's already been decided that if I was to ever get divorced, she can have everything else, just give me the big tv. Not that I have good taste or anything, in fact my taste in tv shows can be suspect at times, but I thought I'd quickly go thru the shows that interest me this fall...

Sundays, there really isn't much on. We'll watch the Amazing Race, but that's about it...(with a full day of football of course. i'm on the fence.. thinking of getting direct tv, anyone out there have it and like it?)

Monday on the other hand, is a completely different story. The two drv's in the house will be working some overtime. First off there's the CBS lineup. How I Met Your Mother is a must watch and we usually watch Big Bang Theory too, which is surprisingly funny. The problem is, it's opposite Chuck (highly underrated, very fun show) and Dancing With The Stars (the wife, not me). Then of course, there's Heroes, a can't miss show for me.

Tuesdays we watch House and Fringe on Fox, and we'll most likely tivo Privileged on the CW. We watched the first episode, and liked it so we'll give it a whirl for a bit to see if it pans out. (the wife was/is a huge Gilmore Girls fan, and this show has a very similar writing style. quick, rapid fire dialog, with no pauses for the laugh track)

Wednesdays we'll go with Bones, while recording Pushing Daisies (very good show). Thankfully there's really nothing on after that, so we'll just watch Daisies after Bones.

Thursdays are strictly NBC with My Name Is Earl, The Office and 30 Rock. I'd also like to give Life On Mars a whirl, and the wife records Supernatural faithfully.

Friday, the wife will watch Ghost Whisperer while I watch Jennifer Love Hewitt in HD. Last year I got into Life, but I never make it past 10 o'clock on Friday nights before I fall asleep... wait I mean, I'll be out at the college bars drinking the night away so I'll miss it..

Did I miss anything? Anyone want to recommend a show that they love? Of course besides all that, I'll be watching my two other favorite channels in the Discovery Channel and History Channel. And this doesn't take into account when Lost starts either...

No comments: