Monday, September 8, 2008

Miss Me?

So it was a really busy weekend and the days leading up to it, as I was in Boston for work for a couple of days, then we stayed in Boston for the weekend for my grandparents 60th anniversary party. Yes you read that right, 60 years together. Amazing isn't it. Ten kids.. 60 years. I've been married just about four years now and sixty just seems like an entire lifetime or two away. But I really couldn't picture life without Gramma and Papa in it to be honest. Sunday dinner at their house (that's probably what I miss most while in Maine), catching up on the latest family gossip and more importantly getting a free meal out of it :) So congratulations Gramma and Papa! Here's to sixty more years!

While in Boston, we also went to the dreaded store, Ikea. Although for the first time, it really benefited me. We bought a desk and four new bookshelves for my office. Sadly that meant that my ugly arse bookcases that I built are getting reconfigured and moved to a different room. The office looks fantastic, I really have an eye for where to put everything, it's a gift. We'll have some more pictures later this week after we move our bedroom back down from the 3rd floor to the 2nd floor. The room is half painted, so it just needs to be finished and the carpet cleaned.

Also, on the exciting news front, the adoption agency has received all but one of the documents needed (and they'll get that one this week) which means we're one giant step closer to our future baby. Future baby, that's what we call it as it's not officially "ours" yet so we don't want to use that term. And since it is a future baby, I think it'll arrive in a flying car while wearing a silver shinny jumpsuit, just like people in the future will someday. So next we'll meet with an agency social worker, who will then certify that we're not crazy and will be good parents. You biological kids people really don't know how easy you have it haha..

You know, I watch Keith Olberman on a fairly regular basis, but he's starting to bug me. I'm an Obama guy, but you'd think the guy was part god the way they talk about him on Countdown (olberman's show). Is there a place to get unbiased reporting anymore? MSNBC - liberal. FOXNews - conservative. Everyone seems to have an agenda, that's just the way it works now I guess. Don't get me wrong, I agree with a lot of what he says and I think he's a funny guy, but sometimes it's a little too much...

No comments: