Sunday, November 30, 2008

Turkey Day and Weekend Recap

So I won't bore you with all the details, but needless to say we had a great Thanksgiving. The in-laws and brother in law came up to enjoy the feast, and what a feast it was. I made the turkey, and didn't mess it up. In fact it was actually very good. Took about four hours, two upside down, two right side up, and I basted it with butter every half hour or so. The wife made pretty much everything else. Carrots (i made), sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and home made cranberry sauce. Perfection really..

Friday night we had the family over for dessert. We had Morrissey hermits (similar to real hermits only not really and better), and the wife made ginger snaps and chocolate fondue. We also had the rest of the apple and pumpkin pies from the night before. I think after all the eating we've done this weekend I need to join a gym...

Saturday we put up the Christmas lights outside. We have a couple of additions from last year. Lights on the railings, three reindeer who's heads all move, lights around the bottom of the wall and six little light up snow men below the porch railing. I figure I'll add a little more each year. Next year I want something for the porch roof...

Pretty nice huh..
Apparently the imaginary friend of the 2 year old across the street lives in our house and he's just thrilled that his friend put all these lights up for him. It's funny, cuz my imaginary friend lives in his house.. weird huh..
We also finally got the gas fireplace working. The old one was unfixable, so we had to buy a new insert. Now most intelligent people would call a professional to install the insert... not me though. It actually kicks off a fair amount of heat, but it all rises right to the ceiling and out of the room. So today I took the ceiling fan out of the family room (which we never used) and switched it with the plain light we had in the office. Now when you turn on the fireplace, you just need to turn the ceiling fan on low and it'll push that warm air right back down...

Good weekend all around. And I'm already looking forward to the next one. Can you believe it's already December..

1 comment:

Mike said...

Clark Griswold? Is that you?