Monday, November 3, 2008

Vote!

  • So tomorrow is the big day. I know a lot of people up here have already cast their vote, but for the rest of us, tomorrow is the day where we get to go stand in line, read confusing referendum questions and cast a vote for the next president of the United States. Most of you already know my politics, so I don't really need to rehash them, but I will say this. I'm an Obama guy, but I don't think he'll be as liberal as he's made out to be. Although at the same time, I don't think McCain will be as conservative. If McCain wins, I won't be moving to Canada, but that's mostly cuz I want to move south of where I am now, not north, somewhere warmer. There's a Senate race up that's going to be pretty close. The incumbent is a Republican (very middle of the road i guess though) and the challenger is a former state rep. Problem is, the sound of her voice is like nails on a chalkboard, and he reminds me of the creepy guy down the end of the block who stares at you a little too long when he says hi. What really bothers me though, is people who always vote republican or always vote democrat just because they think they're supposed to be one or the other. What, you can't look at both candidates and make an educated decision? You have to vote one way or the other just to keep the party line? No good I say. My parents gave me the half a brain I have and I intend to use it once every couple of years or so and tomorrow is the big day!
  • Saw a couple of great license plates the other day. Ivbnbd & FRZN4. Maine is the king state of personalized plates. Seriously, they're everywhere. Next time you come up, just pay attention on the drive...
  • Watched Die Hard With A Vengance on TBS the other. I'm a big big fan of those movies. Anyway, when the movie is on basic cable, they obviously have to edit out the bad words right. My favorite one... m*therf***er became melon farmer. How hysterical is that? If that's not an insult, I don't know what is...
  • I love Oreo's. There I said it, it's out in the open. Problem is, I'm lactose intolerant, therefore I can't eat them with involving a mad dash to the little boys room. Thank god for Paul Newman though. His Newman-O's have no dairy in them! They're not as good as Oreo's, but they'll do the trick. A couple of those bad boys and some lactaid.. mm mm goood...
  • Another show recommendation. Life On Mars. Harvey Keitel's character has become one of my favorite on all of tv. It's a BBC show that was recently redid for tv over here and it's about a cop who gets hit by a car and ends up in 1973. The idea is that he's in a coma or something and living all this in his subconscious (from time to time you can hear the respirator he's hooked up to, or someone talking to him at his bedside). If you're looking for a new show, I highly recommend it. Although I don't see how they can extend the premise for 2-3-4-5 years, but hey, it's still an entertaining cop show. And the best part? The fantastic/horrible 70's wardrobes...

No comments: