Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Book Review

Just finished reading the new David Sedaris book, When You Are Engulfed In Flames. Very entertaining book. If you've never read any of his books, they're basically a collection of thoughts/essays. Basically, if I was funnier, a better writer and had crazy stuff happen to me, this is how I would write a book.

If you liked any of his other books, you'll like this one. There's a bunch of laugh out loud moments, some stories that make you think, "huh, that happened to me once", or "I could totally see myself doing that!", and some childhood stories (his family is odd in its own sort of fun way). It's a quick easy read (I finished it in about 3 days).

Someday, I'm going to write down all those Morrissey stories that are thrown around at family get togethers. You will never laugh harder than you will with the Morrissey's, and that's a fact. There's a book in there somewhere, I know it. Think of it as the lighter side of All Souls..

No comments: