Sunday, July 13, 2008

Miss Me?

Sorry for the lack of posts this week. I was down in MA for a training class. We're rolling out a new system for work, we'll see how it ends up working out though. So far I'm not all that thrilled.

Didn't really miss much though, nothing all that exciting to report on. Last night I went over to my uncles to help hay again, followed by the wife bringing by pizzas for everyone. Today, I was back over my uncle's haying yet again. Looks like there might be some more next weekend, but that should be it. I'm finding hay all over the house, in the car, everywhere. Never mind the tiny bits that have embedded themselves in my forearms.

I did watch the Karate Kid for the millionth time this morning though. Love that movie, lots of great lines, great all around 80's flick. Tonight we're going out for a friend of the family's 21st birthday. We're taking him out for a couple of drinks at the SeaDog.

So yesterday, the wife and I are eating lunch, getting ready to go out and do some more yard work when we hear a lawnmower and a chainsaw coming from next door. The elderly lady next door, her daughter and son in law came by and were doing some much needed yard work. So we went out to say hi and the guy asks us if we mind if he cuts down some of the tress/overgrowth. Of course, we say yes so now everything is gone! It makes the yard look soooo much nicer and bigger now. Now we just need to plant some bushes etc. to solidify the property line.

Really looking forward to next weekend too. Mom, Dad and my brother are coming up to visit again. Its always a good time when they're here, so this time should be no different. All you people out there that haven't come up are missing out...

No comments: