Monday, July 7, 2008

Movie Review: Hancock

So after work this evening, the wife and I decided to get out of the house and relax a bit. We had a pretty busy weekend, so this was our treat, we went and saw the 5:45 showing of Hancock.

First off, the 5:45 show is apparently still considered a matinee, as it was only $11.50 for the two of us to see the movie. Just another one of the many things I love about Maine. That same movie would have cost $10 each in Boston. So anyway, the movie, good stuff. If you're looking for something fun, lots of action, lots of laughs, then I highly recommend Hancock. I read a bunch of reviews over the past couple of days, and the critics weren't all that impressed, which makes sense, because the critics never seem to like any movies. I thought that the acting was good, I'll see pretty much any movie Will Smith is in, and the special effects weren't too CGI'd, which I like. The plot wasn't as predictable as it could have been, which was nice, and of course they left it open for a sequel. Overall, I'd give it a solid three and a quarter out of four stars.

No comments: