Monday, July 21, 2008

Thoughts From A Forever Wandering Mind...

  • As I sit at my desk singing away to my iTunes, I find myself thinking that.. man, I've got a pretty decent voice. I really should have ran with that at some point. Thankfully for the world, my ever so honest wife is sitting seven feet behind me, reminding that I do indeed sound like a baby seal being clubbed..
  • Ever wonder what happens when you die? Do you think you're the age you die at forever? Or do you think that you revert back to your most happy time? Cuz I'm pretty darn happy right now, but if we're going the Islam route, with virgins and the like, I think I'd like to be a little younger so I can keep up..
  • My friends and I are doing a fantasy football league again this year. Anyone interested in playing? There are only three requirements: 1. you have to pay attention every week(starting guys who have been hurt for 3 weeks and are out for the season is a big no no); 2. you have to have very thick skin, as there is a lot of trash talking; 3. you have to be willing to lose to Mike, who for some unknown reason seems to win every single year...
  • Good article showing the unknown side of Terrell Owens. Apparently he's a pretty nice guy, who would have thunk it...
  • It's almost nine o'clock as I write this and the unimaginable has happened. The tv has not gone on since I got home from work. The misses and I had dinner, went for a walk, went to Target and now I've been listening to music while she reads for the past couple of hours. This is like one of those end of times signs isn't it? Me not watching tv is akin to cats and dogs living together, a plague of a thousand thousand locusts or some other biblical catastrophe...
  • So officially, all our paperwork is in for the adoption. We have a couple of outstanding items that we're waiting for our doctors to send in (health forms) and things like that, but we're pretty much good to go. Now we have to schedule a parenting class (a one day class, but they're few and far between) and meet with the social worker. So you'll have to excuse me the next couple of months if I'm a little more scatter brained than usual. I'm a very patient man... sometimes.. and this isn't one of those times...
  • Good job by the Celtics in resigning Tony Allen and Eddie House. They'll need Allen's defense with Posey now gone, and House will again provide valuable scoring off the bench. With Garnett, R. Allen and Pierce all a year older, hopefully Doc will limit their minutes a little more, resting them for the end of the season/playoffs...
  • So the in-laws were up yesterday and they brought us the most addictive thing ever.. a book of baby names. I haven't stopped flipping thru the thing yet. Not because I really want baby name ideas, but because it's just pretty darn interesting. For example, let's do my name: "Jason, popularity #42; style is mythological (as in.. and the Argonauts) or new; classics, 70's-80's; nicknames, jay, jase (there's only one person on the planet that calls me jase); variants, jayson; sisters, jenniffer, amy, michelle, melissa; brothers, brian, jeremy, christopher, chad, eric (my parents obviously didn't read this book, as none of those are my brothers); To your kids generation, jason is going to be the quintessential Dad name(that'll be me someday, although i hope to be better than just quintessential). It was everywhere in the 70's & 80's, part of the sound of its time. Yet that certainly doesn't rule it out for today. In fact, similar new hits like Jaden and Mason are tributes to Jason's continuing appeal. It's settling into comfortable middle age as a familiar and lasting favorite." (is that line about me or my name?) interesting huh?
  • Oh and don't forget, if you're looking for a good time to come up, the Blue Hill Fair is a great county fair (last weekend of august, see top right of page)...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

May I ask you to give up the name or at least the first initial of this person and I quote "there's only one person on the planet that calls me Jase". Keep up us to date, I have to admit you really keep do keep us entertained with your your great sense of humor, Sarah's too.