Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Weekend

So we finally got rain! Never thought I'd be excited for rain, but it's been so dry up here lately that we were pretty desperate. The wife's tomatos are really starting to grow too, so every bit of rain helps there.

Friday, Mom and Dad drove up. Always great to see them. We ended up hanging out all night just catching up some, but they had to leave Saturday, so it was just a quick visit.

Saturday afternoon, the wife and I went over to my uncles house where we proceeded to play Wii all day long. Could have been the greatest afternoon ever haha. Although after playing tennis, baseball, and bowling, we decided to bust out the Wii Fit. Have you seen this? It looks like one of the "steps" from the step aerobic craze back in the early 90's. You can use it for all sorts of games, like skiing and the like, but you can also use it for work out purposes. We tried hula-hooping (which i rock at) with it, step aerobics and yoga. Lots and lots of fun, but the Wii kept insulting me, telling me my balance was horrible and that I need to "stay away from the mid day snacks". Nice huh. Even the Nintendo knows I need to lose a couple of pounds.

That night we hung out at my other uncles house and had a bbq. I don't know what he does to them or what he puts in them, but my uncles makes the best burgers ever. So tasty, perfect every single time.

Today... well it was spent mostly on the couch (although we almost went and bought a Wii) but the in-laws stopped by too. They're driving up the coast to almost Canada, so they stopped to spend the night and hang out.

Overall a decent weekend, with not a whole lot of plans for the rest of the summer. We have one weekend we're going to Boston in August, but besides that there are no scheduled visitors or anything for the rest of the summer, so if anyone is looking for a free vacation, c'mon up...

No comments: